ElectroIQ.com editor Debra Vogler recently attended a Schwarzenegger speech at the Commonwealth Club in Silicon Valley, CA. Governor Schwarzenegger took on deceptive oil companies in his speech. Here are some key quotes she pulled out from the event.
- Schwarzenegger suggests oil companies spending millions on ads to overturn CA's carbon reduction law instead spend it on job training.
- Schwarzenegger: "Each time we walk away [from clean energy], we as a nation become more and more vulnerable. We intend to win this battle!"
- Schwarzenegger:"Get off fossil fuels. The bridge to the 21st century is all about the new energy."
- Referring to the condition of Port of L. A., Schwarzenegger tells oil companies to clean up their act.
- "There are 200+ companies standing in line to build solar plants in the CA desert." Schwarzenegger urges streamlining the permitting process. On September 30, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger applauded the California Energy Commission (CEC) vote to approve the construction of the Genesis Solar Energy Project and the Imperial Valley Solar Project, which will create 959 MW of clean, renewable energy and thousands of jobs in Southern California.
You can follow Debra Vogler on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/dvogler_PV_semi
Schwarzenegger was speaking around the fourth anniversary of AB 32, the CA comprehensive law to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and boost economic growth.